Things I have learnt since developing my first ever chest infection.
- I'm really glad my mother got me vaccinated against whooping cough because breathing during protracted coughing is incredibly difficult.
- It is possible to complete a full abs workout in only 5 minutes of coughing
- Although it might not actually be possible to cough your eyes out it feels like it is
- Prolonged coughing when needing a wee is best done on or at least close to the toilet.
- Who knew that much spit could be generated in such a short space of time!
- Comments about 'showing off' and 'attention seeking behaviour' aren't funny when you're wondering if you'll ever be able to take a breath in again.
- Bright red is not an attractive facial colour
- As with no.4 coughing on a full stomach is best done near a waterproof receptacle.
- Lucozade only tastes good one way.