A rather depressing look at the state of the British attitudes and approaches to food and food cooking. Interesting and alarming ... a quote
"Few Britons would consider making up a sandwich and putting it in the fridge for a few days before eating it, because we would think that it would become old and stale. But we willingly pay £3 for the privilege of buying precisely that."
Lots of facts & figures it does get a little repetitive in places but that shouldn't detract from its message.
Starting #8 AND #9 now (one of them is a huge hardback that I can't lug about in by bag!)
- 10 Second Staircase Christopher Fowler
- Full Dark House Christopher Fowler re-read
- Victorian Sensation Michael Diamond
- The Skin Gods Richard Montanari
- Last Reminder Stuart Pawson
- The Great Stink Clare Clark
- Bad Food Britain Joanna Blythman
- The Victorian House Judith Flanders - massive hardback
- Guns, germs and steel - a short history of everybody for the last 13 000 years Jared Diamond